Dental technicians or technologists design and repair devices for the treatment, replacement and protection of damaged, badly positioned or missing teeth.
Dental Technicians / Technologists:
- Create bands and implants.
- Consult with dentists or other specialists on problematic dental cases.
- Design, fabricate or repair dental devices including full or partial dentures, crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, and clasps.
- May train and supervise other dental technicians or dental laboratory bench workers in fabricating dentures and other dental devices.
- May perform supervisory and administrative functions for the dental laboratory.
Dental laboratory bench workers assist dental technologists and technicians in preparing and fabricating dentures and other dental devices.
Dental Lab Technicians:
- Prepares plaster models and molds from dental impressions
- Prepares wax bite-blocks and impression trays
- Casts gold or metal alloys for bridges and denture bases
- Packs plastic material in molds to form full or partial dentures
- Molds wax over denture set-up to form full contours of artificial gums
- Makes orthodontic bands from gold, silver, stainless steel or other metals
- Finishes metal framework of dentures and polish and buffs dentures to obtain natural finish.
Dental Lab Technicians are Also Known As:
- Lab Technician
- Certified Dental Technician
- Orthodontic Dental Technician
- Implant Dental Technician
- Denture Technician
- Crown and Bridge Dental Lab Technician
- Model and Dye Technician
- Metal Finisher
- Porcelain Technician
- Survey Technician
- Ceramic Dental Molder
- Dental Laboratory Bench Worker
- Dental Technician
- Dental Technician Supervisor
- Dental Technologist
- Denture Finisher
- Denture Wax Pattern Former
- Orthodontic Band Maker
- Registered Dental Technician
- Registered Dental Technologist